Exercise 1 - Present Perfect
Choose the correct
1. Akira has been a carpenter for
B) he finished school.
C) many years.
D) he was twenty-one years old.
2. I've been a reference librarian since
A) three years.
C) a long time.
D) I've graduated from library school.
3. Suzanne and I have been best friends since
A) two months.
B) we were in college.
C) almost twenty years.
4. Have you been interested in game shows since you
A) have become
C) have been becoming
5. I've been exercising for
A) all morning
B) an hour
C) I got home from work
, and I'm exhausted.
6. My family loves this house. We
C) were living
D) have lived
here since I was born.
7. Mrs. Reynolds has been our teacher since
A) a few weeks.
D) two months.
8. Have you been studying the rules for the show
A) as soon as
9. Laura's flight hasn't gotten in
It's late because of the bad weather.
10. Look! The flowers have bloomed
and spring hasn't even arrived.
11. I haven't done the laundry
I'm going to try to do it tonight.
12. Mario has been on a diet for two weeks, and he's
lost ten pounds.