Exercise 1 - Possessives
form of the nouns in parentheses ( ).
1. The (
surface has no air.
2. My (
brother is a doctor.
3. The teacher handed back the (
papers and told them she was very happy with their work.
4. It was hard to hear the (
voices. I couldn't understand what they said.
5. My (
boyfriend gave her a diamond ring for her birthday.
6. The two (
mayors reached an agreement to reduce air pollution.
7. The police arrested the (
8. The (
names are John and Robert.
9. The (
husbands are playing soccer this weekend.
10. John has a computer. His (
manual is difficult to understand.
11. After hours of searching the crime scene, investigators found the (
12. Considering the (
dreadful reception, we must reevaluate its findings.
ultimate result is suffering. In the end, no one truly wins.
14. The country reflected on the (
gun laws after that tragedy.
15. The audio (
decline in 2001 coincided with the release of the iPod, and was rapid thereafter.