Exercise 5 - Passive Voice
Choose the correct
1. Until the road crews finish their work, Richards Street
should have avoided.
ought to avoid.
should be avoided.
2. The new supermarket has a huge international-foods department. Foods from all over the world can
3. A new play opened at the Manoa Valley Theater last night. This wonderful show
4. Works by many twentieth-century artists
can be seen
are able to find
at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.
5. Sara has been misbehaving lately. Maybe her parents
6. We still have to make the salad, and the table
has to be set.
has been set.
I'll prepare the salad, and you set the table.
7. Be sure to visit San Francisco when you're in California. This magnificent city
8. The last time I moved, I
a moving company do all the packing for me.
9. This shirt is pure silk. I guess I should
have it dry-cleaned.
10. We're thinking of having the party
by Nathan's Deli.
11. That cut on your finger looks deep. Maybe you should
get looked at it.
have looked at.
have it looked at.
looked at it.