Exercise 1 - Phrasal Verbs
Use the phrasal verbs below to complete the sentences. Use a pronoun if needed.
dropped out find out clearing up going up lie down look out
made up picks up show up call __ back caught on
1. You know how Barry is always late, but he'll
2. There's a huge factory
on the corner of State and Richards. Construction has been ongoing for over two years!
3. You have a migraine headache? Here, take some Tylenol and
for a while.
4. My girlfriend and I had a disagreement, and she refuses to speak to me. We've had fights before, but not like this one. We have always
eventually, but I don't know about this time.
5. If Steve calls, tell him I'll
6. Senator Graham
of the race. He decided not to run for re-election because of his ailing health.
7. I hope business
soon. Sales have been down for the six months that we have been open.
8. How can I
about recycling batteries in Norwalk? I don't want to just put them in the trash.
! You almost ran a red light. Are you daydreaming or driving?
10. Look! The weather is
. The party is going to be great outdoors.
11. Tablet computers have really
; students everywhere are using them.