Exercise 5 - Infinitives
Complete the sentences with the
form of the verb.
1. She lent me some money
) a new stove.
2. Lately, I don't have much time
) TV because of my new work schedule.
3. The Affordable Care Act was passed in 2010
) healthcare coverage more affordable to those with limited income and pre-existing health conditions.
4. The company president has bodyguards
5. Do you have many opportunities
) Spanish outside of class?
6. She wore a wig, sunglasses, and a scarf
) her identity during the trip.
7. She's going to Okinawa, Japan this summer
8. We need a can opener
) all these. You bought all these, but didn't get a can opener?
9. We called this meeting
) the consequences of the latest budget cuts.
10. He is attending Southern Illinois this fall
11. The drug cartels are murdering innocent people
) local officials.
12. The team left this morning
) against the top teams in the nation.
13. The Flannel Corporation left the state
) a new more profitable company Pink Polka Dotted Bikinis.
14. I took this job
) innovation in this company to a new level.
15. Stagehands have taken to the streets
) working conditions and wages.