Exercise 9 - Past Tenses
form of the verb in parentheses ( ).
1. What (
when I called?
2. I (
to get the Christmas decorations out of the attic.
3. As soon as I (
the ring, I called Rebecca.
4. The school nurse (
that he is too sick to be in school.
5. Gregory (
at The Crab Shack around 9:00 p.m., but no one was there.
6. Gloria is in the living room watching television. At this time yesterday, she (
television, too. That is all she ever does!
7. I (
you last night after dinner, but you were not there. Where were you?
8. I (
at the fitness center.
9. When I walked into the busy office, the secretary (
on the phone with a customer.
10. I (
a mystery movie on TV when the electricity went out.
11. Cindy was in the room when Allen told me what happened, but she did not hear anything because she (
12. It is strange that you called because I (
13. The Titanic (
the Atlantic when it struck an iceberg.
14. The firemen (
the old woman who was trapped on the roof of the burning building.
15. Sharon lived in Berlin for more than two years. In fact, she (
there when the Berlin Wall came down.